Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Its Just Any Other Day

March 12 marked big impact 2 da recent SPM* leavers. Its da moment of truth – 2 know whether or not their 2 year effort been paid off. It cud be rewarding yet cud oso b frustrating. My time has already passed. Its my 8th year now since I last sat for da cert and cant hardly remember da rumbles and feelings I felt inside upon receiving da results.


Da fact is – I’ve been surrounded by countless individuals who sat for da exam n got their results yday. Commencing since da nite b4, my Nokia 5600 has been working hard, receiving messages of fear, anxious, hope and unease … n I think dat da blessings 4 being a young (emphasis added) lecturer at Taylors, where stud n I share our feelings without any boundary of age and profession. Speaking from a person who has underwent da trauma n nitemares, all I cud do is 2 give em strength to keep on hoping n praying, n never surrender unless da actual day strikes.


N Im glad cuz God gives me da chance 2 do dat – 2 stand (technically) beside sum1 when he/she needs most help and company. U dun av 2 b a great councillor 2 hear probs, neither a degree in psychology nor counselling – all u need 2 av is a pair of sincere ears and a heart to listen


Da nite passed, I slept, with my Nokia in my palm.


Sometimes, things just dun turn out in da way we supposed them to be. All da fear, anxious, hope and unease were converted into hopeless, chagrin and an extreme level of despondency. My brother even brimmed, when he was holding da slip in da hall –whoefully


Wat can I do?



N dis is wat I’ve done. I told him …
Life offers glories and defeats. It brings us up and cud also bring us down … rolling and rolling till da day we leave life. But life offers no regret. We shudnt be regretting for wat God has given to us. Although u’ve studied hard n did everything wif da best dat u can, God reserves ur success 4 a better moment in future. N if u played a truant n just din bother from da start, He is beckoning u dat dere’s a larger n far more critical test waiting u ahead n u better wake up now or forever u’ll b sorry.



Hence dere;s always a wisdom behind all things dat took place. I quoted once in me blog “U’ll find God’s grace in every mistakes” Its only whether u decipher n embrace it or ignore it



After 8 years of passing SPM, I come 2 a conclusion dat SPM its not everything in life. Its just a beginning 4 ur ongoing future. Believe u me, I’ve faced more than juz sitting-in-the-hall-for-papers test. I’ve been thru da most downfall moment in my life, da most killing frustration I ever felt, n da very hopeless n helpless situation I ever faced which all beyond compare.


N I’ve learnt, shud I fall, I’ll get up n walk, shud I’ll loose, I’ll raise n fight. Becuz da only reason da humans r still living is becuz we r still fighting … not 4 a war not even for money but fighting for a survival


Yup. Our very own survivalism


U mite blame urself 4 not putting da slope of tangents/derivatives formulae rite, but have u ever wonder, dat more than half a millions of ur fren all over da world, who cant even count 1, 2, 3


U probably be cursing for not getting A for ur EST (sorry I dun know how 2 describe da subject, its far too advanced … LOL) but do u know dat da Somalis,African and da rest from poor countries dun even know how 2 spell ‘book’


Still u forget


Thus, cant u c how lucky u r compared 2 them? Dun u think dat da world has acted unjustly 2 em n not 2 u (3 not getting str8 As in SPM ? ) they r da ones who shud whine … by rite they shud blame their fate 4 making them suffering without a proper cause n wudnt av da chance 2 change da cause. And all we know, they did nothing much. They carry out their life wif wat they av n wif wat they own. Everything dat they av, they appreciate it


Y cant u?


Occay, Im bit over da line now. LOL
Ampunnnnnnnnn


In short, da glory n joy are awaiting u ahead. God wants u 2 wait a lil longer so dat u’ll keep on giving ur best 4 ur life. N da waiting will never be a waste. It’s a worthwhile – an investment 4 a brite n better life in da years 2 cum


So no more tears, conclude farewell 2 sadness. U’ll welcome challenges n test which eventually make u firm n stern – appreciate wif wat u have n be positive wif wat u dun


Last, but not least, albeit 2 sum up my sermon 4 2day –grins-, please lend ur ears 2 dis soul-enlightening call of my favourite band, The Rascal
May it boosts back da dying spirit, revamping da strength 2 drive 4 d next phase in life.


After all, MARCH 12 will be just any normal day 2 you …

Best wishes,
ZI

* Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia aka Malaysian Certificate of Education



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did badly for my spm..hehe..but glad i did it badly though! Coz kalau tak, i wouldnt have bothered getting good cgpa for my degree :D (interviewers didnt look at my spm results hihi)

Zokhri Idris said...

hey nad,

finally i hear sumting from u. hope u r doing fine in egypt aka 'ardil kinanah' which i can clearly see from ur blog =)

yeah me didnt perform too. as if 'performing excellently' but still i able to get wat i wanted in my uni. things happened with a reason.

hey buddy, when r u cuming back? nak jadi orang arab terus ker? LOL

xxx

me a name i call myself said...

Yup! Things happens for a reason ;)
Thanx dtg my wedding that day, appreciate it lots! Heh..balik? Insyaallah nxt year..but planning to go and build a bigger family someplace else. Ok tak?hehe

Zokhri Idris said...

naaaaaaaaa its ok feel glad of having the honor 2 witness ur happiest day sokay then i'll be looking forward to see u next year..
any specific definition for 'someplace else'? lol

xxx

Cik AnGaH Lee said...

huuuuuuuu...
borak2 plak kat sini eh?? ;p
nak nyibuk gak..
aku pon x perform mase spm tu..
sangat2 x perform! huh!
padan muke aku..sape suh lari dr kisas..ngeh..ngeh..
tp..it's true..spm is jez d beginning in our life...
perjlnn masih jauh...........
wan: bile nak blanja aku sejak jd lecturer nih??
nad: oitt..takkan tak nak dok mesia kot?? huu..

Unknown said...

cik angah,

alaaaaaa angah ape yg berlaku mesti ada hikmahnyerr. lagipun aku tahu walaupun kat smkaks, ko still nak perform,but due to some unavoided circumstances, u cant. above all, kite pun dah grad dari uni and has embarked our working life.

about da belanja thingy, why not? biler ko free? ermm can we see on next week? dis week is considerably late and packed, as a matter of fact..

wassalam
xxx

Cik AnGaH Lee said...

WAN..
thanks 4 d advising...
btoll tu..unavoided circumstances..
next wik tu, 29th or 30th ke?
30th..boleh laa kot..
29th, aku keje, saturday half day..
but..anythin' i'll text u k..
still use d same number, rite?
hoho~~~ x sabar nak rase blanje dr lecturer muda! ^_^

Zokhri Idris said...

angah,

thankf for agreeing too. alaaaaaaa lagipun we already blend it kannn?

ermmm lemme see i think 30 wud be alrite assuming no plan for dat day so far. apepun as u said, kiter konfem2 kemudian laaa. kot2 laaa ada emergency ker ape kann. yup using da same no.
waaaaa mesti ko dapat gaji by then kann. surely ko laa kene belanja aku sbb tue first gaji ko..

rite?

xxx