Search This Blog

Monday, January 05, 2009

Ahlan* 2009

Ma Niu Yer eve didn’t turn out as superb as I have anticipated. Its da worst ever new yer celebration since I came back home last 2 years. It was a rushing day in da afternoon as few things ought 2 b done b4 midnite ... went 2 UITM wif Sue 2 submit PhD application, rushed 2 UM 2 join Shuhardi’s buzzday bash n immediately drove 2 KLIA 2 fetch me family from their Bandung Trip. It was nearly 0000 dat I managed 2 get dis things sorted out n made me way 2 KL. I even celebrated Niu Yer @ Komuter Station by myself. Alone. No one 2 hug. No Auld Lang Syne. Juz. By. My. Self.



After clubbing (hard), my mates n 1 were having post-clubbing tea. I wasn’t really listening although I forced myself 2 join da crowd. I made myself speak juz not 2 alienate myself from em. But deep inside, my heart cried. My new year celebration was ruined after a week of anticipating n planning. I didn’t blame me parents 4 their l8 arrival (they touched down @ 2145 but only appeared an hour later). Dats my duty as a son 2 fetch n 2 bring em home safely. But I cudnt accept while in da journey, they were teasing me annoyingly. Fair enuff, I didn’t join em 4 da trip n didn’t accompany em @ home after dat. But its niu yer, heaven’s sake. All of me mates were out celebrating n sharing dis moment 2gether, n I cant juz let myself 2 b left behind.



After all, i dun deserve 2 b ill-teated after all of my effort in spending sum lil time bringing em home. Don’t u know 2 b a bit thankful 2 ur very own son? After all, im ur son n trying 2 serve u wif da best dat i cud. But still, I av my lines n U cant transgress n being titular juz bcuz u r me parents. Have sum respect n understanding, will ya?



Whilst waiting 4 da train, i tried 2 reach him. I texted asking how’s he’s being doing on dis winsome nite. No reply. Fine. Must b out of credit. I rang n after zillion times, he picked up. Told me he’d fever n dats y he din reply. Awesome. Wasn’t it so hard juz 2 text me informing u r bed-resting due 2 ur illness or simply ring me informing u aren’t well down dere. So much of talking commitment, huh?



So while waiting da train 2 cum, I nodded down brimming. Every1 wasnt being nice 2 me on niu yer eve. Every1 was running away n leaving me alone witnessing a hotspots of fireworks transforming into a magnificent stars up high in da sky. I was alone on new year eve, in MY HOME COUNTRY. As da fireworks began 2 b merrier, I cant help myself from pouring. Helplessly.



After few minutes of sobbing, I started 2 b rationale n analyse things wisely. I profusely told me self – no 1 deserve 2 cry on new year. I wiped my tears n put me headphones on, listening 2 da greatest ABBA’s Dancing Queen and Mamma Mia. It made me feel much better.



I shudnt b grieving n must enjoy da moment. Its da time where every1 is waiting 4 365 days n I am amongst da lucky ones 2 stay alive commemorating it. So even no 1 stood by me I must make sure dat Im not gonna miss even a thing. 2009 is about 2 begin n I dun want 2 embark it wif a feeling being downcast n despondency, let da year exhilarated wif laughters n smiles.



N suddenly I felt da inner strength of mine. A power dat born from da heart without any help of da others. It was solid, ravish n powerful whisper dat made myself tranquil. I felt peace. I felt calm. An utmost serendipity. Surrounding by no 1 under da shimmering stars n fireworks @ nite, on new year was sumting 2 b truly remembered. N I’ve learnt dat, although no 1 can bring u happiness, U shudnt nod down surrendering ur sorrowness. Even no 1 can give u a smile, dat doesnt mean u av 2 cry. Happiness is sumting dat will emerge from da heart, enrapturing da mind n soul without an assistance of other factors. It is from u my dear, flowing naturally in u and sparking mermerisingly without limitation. I will raise, stand still, look up 4 da bright 2009 awaiting me ahead.



Although its full of uncertainties and enigma, I will face it with bravery n pride cuz a person like me, I DESERVE NOTHING BUT ONLY TO BE DA BEST. Its my life and I gonna life wif it in my way.

Mode: Its My Life by Bon Jovi

26 year old marks another year of maturity n wisdom. A higher level of self-persistence and determination. Every second counts dear Zokhri. Its either now or never. They can say anything they want, bringing u down. They can do anything they wish to, making u drown. They can give u a s***, making ur life not moving around.

Mode: Cant Take Dat Away by Mariah Carey.

But I vow not 2 let dis happen. As a matter of fact, I am not battling those who r doing dis 2 me. Im in a war not 2 let dis things happening 2 me. I am 2 defend n 2 protect myself from being hurt n depreciated.



N Im not scared ... If I fall down, I’ll raise. If I loose, I’ll fight back till I win. I’ll gain all those berefted values I’ve discarded b4. Nothing cud take away my dreams n happiness from me. No one can make use of me or ‘victimise’ me in any sort of way. I am a new born Zokhri Idris who believes in nothing but in himself, who has faith in no one (except few larrr horrr) but in himself, who determines wat wud he want n will do anything juz 2 b happy.



So I welcome 2009 ... a year of change ... a moment of reform ... a year which promising better hope and chances, 4 me 2 live life 2 a blast up 2 da very last. May Lord guides me through – 2 av a blessed 365 days ahead of me; 4 a better life quality, 2 b a stronger person.



Life is kicking now Zokhri !!! Its either now or never !!!



A new ‘Zokhri Idris’ is born 2day,
XXX
*Ahlan means 'welcome' in Arabic

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Along dear! why dun u call me to celebrate ur new year? hehe

neway, teguhkan hati and tetapkan pendirian ok.

before I forgot,
HAPPY NEW YEAR dear Along!

xoxo,
angah

Unknown said...

i learnt my mistakes and will remember dat in da next celebration u wont be forgotten dear.
thanks for da advice dear. i really appreciate it. honestly.

happy new year dikngah

love ya,
xxx

Izyan Izzaty said...

hi.
i am blog walking when i came across urs.
u seem so sad, it was so touchy.
huhu.
dont worry, i dn think u shud be, since u found something even meaningful from ur experience.
i think, even just with this post, i can say u r such a thoughtful person.
keep it up.

ok?
*smiling encouragingly*

Unknown said...

Dear Izzyzatt,

I thank for your visit to my blog and wif appreciation, asignofthecreator welcomes you and hope that u will be visiting again in near future.

yeah u r rite in certain extent, i had a melancholic life last year, leaving 2008 wif a 'not-so-good' memory behind. but i will never fed-up wif dis and will keep on searching the light of happiness in da days awaiting ahead. da journey mite be long, never ending, but dats da purpose of life where one shud keep on struggling and looking wat is deemed best for him. in da end i mite fail n i mite succeed, but da effort of struggling will somehow be remembered and be applauded.

am i a thoughtful person? thanks and i hope u will keep on reading my mind through my writing so dat u will be totally convinced on wat u r believing 2day.

ok 'smiling welcomingly'

xxx