Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2007

An enduring wait ...

Its da eleventh day of Eid

I dun think dat my late entry post is bcuz of Eid. Not either becuz of skewl break (obviously laaa kan) but its mainly because I've to roll up my sleeves with work and @ da same time; planning sumting huge 4 next year 2 happen

Please dun ask

Loads of me mates keep on telling me - it must be gud 2 b back home celebrating da festive season wif family n frens. Its gonna be da first celebration after four years abroad. A reasonable mind wud think its gonna be a blast. Yeah, including me. I cudn't lie 2 myself by saying 'i'm not looking 4 ward 2 eid' in Mesia. Infact, me was anxiously n wondrously waiting cuz it was da last hope i had 2 heal my relationship wif family ( u mite have known dat me n me family weren't in 'feel gud' state eversince I landed myself home.

n I am profusely teaching myself dat "things were far better when I was away" Again, I'm not blaming, either not whining but I just realising and experiencing.



So, Eid aka Hari Raya means a lot 2 me. In it, lies my biggest dream - stays my remaining hope and carries my most meaningful mission i.e to patch things up wif da person(s) I love, da one(s) dat I care.
But 1st Syawal saw my dreams, hope and mission fallen apart.Shattered into small pieces of dust ... leaving me hopeless and stop thinking bout others (after learning they think less bout me)



Me dad scolded me just bcuz I didn't go 4 Eid prayers (da muslims shud know its not compulsory although wud be perfect shud one performs it) but its not dat I didn't want 2 go. I was extremely tired n exhausted due 2 a big turnover in my life - got up from bed @ 0600 just 2 get an early train 2 work. n da whole universe knows dat I'm not a morning person. even how much I tried.
So I was really 'shut down' dat day. My heads spins as I cud see da spinning stars circling infront of my eyes. n I never escape Eid prayers since da age of 13 till now.
But all I had was just a scold on da very blessful morning
WAT A BAD START !!!



Then later in da evening, everything just went wrong
My mum explicitly disagrees wif my plan next year. We quarelled (again) n da whole chaos invited my brother joining on my mum n started bombarding me ( sumhow I do feel dat he always look forward 2 da chance ... dere he goes )
N dat's not enough. Mum opened da discussion 2 my cousins and she definitely roasts my nuts for dinner dat evening.
IMAGINE - I was sitting alone in da middle - surrounded by mum, 2 brothers , 2 cousings justifying why I really wish to go back to da UK again (pursuing studies = working quite sumwhile)
DO U HAVE ANY IDEA HOW ASHAMED I WAS?
Why Mum has 2 involve my cousins since dis is just within family matters (n I know 4 da fact dat she rarely likes my cousins for various reasons) Watever da prob is, never n ever invite outsiders even we truly positive dat those outsiders were acting in gud faith who claimed he/she has no personal interest watsoeva
YEAH, U RE RITE!!!


HOW CAN THEY DO DIS TO ME?
On da 1st evening of Eid. Da moment I've been waiting for 4 bloody years..
which too me to think, starting from dat day:-
- 2 stop hoping
- 2 stop thinking bout others
- 2 realise dat Eid in da UK is fare more better than wif families @ ur home country
- 2 prove dat if I'm engaging sumting gud, God will always test me
- 2 be determined cuz I got to do@go wats da best 4 me
still, I cudnt hide da misery I had inside. Dis mite be da only Eid I had back home (who knows) n dis is da price I've got after years of waiting
but all in all,
I'll face all da obstacles wif strength n bravery cuz deeply I know - "DA REASON WHY ZOKHRI IDRIS STILL LIVING IS BECAUSE HE IS STILL FIGHTING"
Selamat Hari Raya to all.
XXX


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear author,

I would just say - time is all u need. time heals. and therefore u got to just hang on till things got into place.

have faith and strive for it. u know what is the best for you while the others dont really do. prove to them that its worth giving a try for sumting even it is far too reachable.

im gonna wait one day u'll come to me and claim - i've done it!!

best,

aknownstranger

ttt said...

hang on in there man.
life will work out for the best,
have faith in yourself and in others.

happy raya man.

Unknown said...

Dear anonymous reader,

i thank you for ur words. even i must say, u arent da only and arent da first to say those. experience has taught me dat sumtims its not easy to practise da words dat u sed n believe.

i'll keep on trying even most of my attempts have met their failures. all i cud say - im standing still even very much weakening.

i hope da time will come true ... eventually

thanks
xxx

Unknown said...

trey-sk

hey, welcome to asignofthecreator. u'll be facing loads of melancholic stanzas in my life from now onwards. LOL

thanks for visiting man. appreciate it loads.

have we met?

xxx

Anonymous said...

salam,
selamat hari raya(i hope its not to late)...)
i think i understand whats ur going through..well...for me life is full of unexpected event..so never lose hope.. He knows that ur strong enuf to handle this(and i believe so)...have faith in yourself...
...mebe Hes preparing u for ur biggest moment in ur life...so just be strong....u have our support(ur frens)

n.b:"DA REASON WHY ZOKHRI IDRIS STILL LIVING IS BECAUSE HE IS STILL FIGHTING" and i truly believe so..

xxx
FHO

Zokhri Idris said...

salam fho,

its never too late for a wish innit? thanks. thanks for understanding me too (even not all cud do so) ermm i guess so. ppl always say life is like a wheel. u go circling up n down till da last day u leave. but mine will always be stagnant at da bottom. =( .

thanks for da encouraging words. i hope dere will be a sunny light at da end of this tiring melancholic dark tunnel. i wud never loose hope even how fed-up i am at this moment. may God grant me strength.

i really hope sumting huge will happen next year. pray hard yah..
above all, i thank u for ur deeep concern.

stay in touch
xxx

Anonymous said...

follow me next year keje kat Australia,mau?