Search This Blog

Friday, May 08, 2009

On the way to Sedisjourn*

My 1st Sedisjourn* took place in Redang Island, Terengganu. Many reasons were considered prior choosing dis place. I want 2 b away from da cliché or lifestyle stereotype as a city boy (or we call ourselves da ‘KLites’) LOL. Second, its one of my dreams (b4 I shut me eyes leaving dis mortal earth) 2 go diving n snorkelling. N I can say da latter has met its success as, (4 da first time in my life) I saw Nemo 4 real. I swear I saw Nemo (n his other kinds wif different colours n size). All praise 2 Lord Almighty.


Allow me 2 share da beginning of my journey. Da starter if u like. I departed from Kuala Merang Jetty 2 Redang via a speedboat (taklah laju mana pung) lasting 4 an hour. Truly it was an experience as I’ve never done dis b4. Mum will kill me if she happens 2 know dis. I swear. N 2 b honest, lil scare seems 2 resurface @ da preliminary. Wat will happen if da boat sinks? Wat will we (as far as da other passengers r concerned) do if da storm strikes? Bearing in mind, my laptop n my dearly loved baby I-Phone are in my suitcase. N I can tell u, dis will be da most nitemaric birthday ever if I lost my I-phone. Thank God they were n still in gud ends. Or worst, wat will happen if we were robbed n arsoned by sea pirates?


God forbids em, n Im now safe (returning 2 da world of reality)


N dat doesn’t seem 2 end. I was thinking of Sharks (ya ya u can laugh @ me now) but in a different way. As I saw da water splashes into tiny lil bubbles ( as da boat sails through) da flashback of marine life came 2 cross me mind. In an animal kingdom, (regardless on da land, or underneath da deep blue sea or up above the sky) dere always be a notion of prey n victim (or we used 2 call it as mangsa and pemangsa in our Human n Nature studies in primary). A shark for instance has 2 kill a creature in order 2 satiate herself from hunger, n above all 2 sustain its living. Same goes 2 all carnivores of all animal kingdom exist on God’s land. They have 2 sacrifice their victim in order 2 av food.


Fair enuff.

But wat I cudnt figure, why we (human whom Lord has granted wisdom n virtues) imitate da behaviour of those animals 2 our fellow mankind? Why do we (as human) willing 2 take da life of our own brothers and sisters? Do we need their blood 2 live? Do we need their flesh 2 stay away from hunger? Above all, do we need their life in order 2 make us alive? Then why r we doing dis?


My mind sifted through da wars existed in mankind history. da disastrous World Wars, Genocide in Rwanda between the Hutus and Tutsis, da ethnic cleansing in Kosovo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, The Holocaust, Shabra and Shatilla Massacres , 9/11, Iraq, n u name it u get it.


Why do we purposely –slash- innocently do dat?


Why are we doing da same thing as animals do while we av minds n hearts 2 keep wif ? A mind 2 think n a heart 2 feel.


Do the impostors, so called freedom fighters, state warriors, self-condone statesmen, have da legitimacy from God 2 carry out da killings?
Or r we simply (being a commoner) legitimise em 2 do dat?


Simple Qs but yet hard to answer.


Sumtimes I dun understand being human. Lord indeed has blessed us wif many of his givings, yet we failed 2 use it wisely. We failed in creating our life meaningful. We fail 2 create dis planet earth, a safe place 2 stay. Despite of many things we get, dere r so many dat we spare. @ times, da more intelligent humans can be, da more stupid n fool decisions n executions we’ve made.


Y o human I’m asking Y.

N dis Sedisjourn is all about. 2 discover me being human. 2 identify more of my abilities being human n how 2 channel it wisely. 2 highlight all (if possible) of my strengths n also my weaknesses. So dat, I will live my life fully n make use every single lil second God has permitted me 2 breathe. Feel anxious not, I’ll tell u more bout my Sedisjourn in da next entry. Or else, dis entry will be dragged into da longest entry ever in Asignofthecreator.


Thank you Lord, 4 making me 26.


1117 – on da boat 2 my destination – on a deep blue sea, where all beauty of its creatures r yet 2 b discovered. xxx



* Sedisjourn is an acronym (as suggested by my AEI colleague; AMirul) which stands for “Self-Discovery Journey”. It has meaningfully taken place from da eve of May 3rd (my buzzday) till May 7th.

2 comments:

Amirul HM said...

Aha!.....i've finally done something right to worth a mention in your blog! Now, what do i need to do to be listed in your blogroll?.....sorrrrrr.

Hope the sedisjourn was visionary & productive, refreshing & melancholyat the same time....Cheers!

Unknown said...

Dats kinda deep mate lol i surely will take dat into consideration but feel worry not ur application has a strong case

Second i did av a gud quality time myself thanks 4 da wishes xxx