Search This Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thanks For The Memories

Mode: Everyday I Love You.


I never feel death is so close to me. Blatantly, feeling loss for ppl who r being surrounding us is normal s we grow older. None in dis world is immortal. Every soul n life shalt taste death, eventually return 2 its Creator 4 a never-ending happiness. Dis is wat we (da living souls) been promised 4… for a day of separation from da living creatures, into a rest b4 being summoned 2 meet our Almighty Creator. I started 2 feel loss n began 2 understand da meaning of loosing sum1 dat we luv, beginning da age of 10. My most beloved grandmother (4 her special attention, devoted lovings 2 me, I love her more than my other grandmother) left me due 2 a sudden death in da infirmary. I cudnt even cry cuz I was too sad n shock. Only after few days of the burial, tears began 2 brim, realising she is no longer dere 2 comfort me. N until 2day, I still crave 4 her love n caring.

{O Lord…she was a great grandmother 2 me. Please take care of her b4 I finally cud join her in heaven. Amen.}


Time passes by… wif new lifes come 2 join da existing ones, while I’m progressively aging and decipher da existence of life. But comes 2009, da world, I realise is begin 2 loose many gr8 ppl as 1 by 1 is departing 2 Lord’s call 2 join Him in His Loving Arms. The death of my closed fren Markus Ng Chung Yau on February 4th, da World’s King of Pop who was an idol 4 his non-discriminatory ideologies n equality of all mankind, Michael Joseph Jackson on June 25th, Malaysian rising talent who preached 4 Love n Equality 4 all Malaysians, who will b fondly remembered by da entire “Saya Anak Bangsa Malaysia” regardless of races, Yasmid Ahmad on July 25th, and recently Stephen Patrick David Gately on Oct 10th, 4 his lovely voice n music rendition. Footnote: I come from a generation where BSB, MLTR, Boyzone, N Sync, M2M, Spice Girls are my must-have-list in my music album.


I’ve lost 4 important ppl who av been part in my growing life, juz in a third quarter of 2009. N da bad thing is – I always have regarded their presence 4 granted while they were still been wif us. I only had a chance 2 meet Markus once since he came back fr da UK, I seldom listen 2 MJ’s great hits these days, I’ve missed Yasmin’s Talentime in Cinema and, for nearly 5 years I’ve been residing in the UK, non of my time spent 2 see Steo’s or the Boyzone’s concerts. Da truth is – we will appreciate sumting/sumone when it’s gone right b4 our eyes. We will feel da presence of ppl when they r absent from our life. N dis will haunt us 4ever, - 4 missing da opportunities God has given us while da person is very much alive.

And I will never let dis thing continues…da outcome is totally unbearable n has 2 b stopped immediately.


Sometimes, I wonder, why da world is so cruel n unfair. God has taken da gud ones n left us wif da bad n ill-intention human. Y r these 4 angels, kind-hearted who never offended ppl in a way, b called 2 meet Him in heaven while bad leaders (who thirst and hunger 4 wars n da blood of da innocents) terrorist, environment polluters, endangered species killers, criminals etc remain? WHAT HAS HAPPENED 2 DIS WORLD OF OURS? Why am I facing bad ppl, witnessing much destruction of life n creatures day by day? Aren’t dere any mercy left 4 us, dear Lord?


3 days ago, I went 2 a Memorial led by IUJ Pilipino Community, 2 dedicate our remembrance n thought 2 1 of IUJ graduates, Antoinette Kindipan who has been called 2 meet Da Creator 2gether wif hundreds of souls who died in da Ketsana Storm and Landslides in The Philippines. It was an eye-teared occasion. Even though I dunno her personally, but knowing sum1 who lived da world @ a young age while she can do so many things 2 mankind is indeed disturbing. N she isn’t da only 1. Many died in a series of catastrophic disasters, taking place all around da globe. Our brothers and sisters in Padang Sumatera, in the Philippines, southern Japan … everywhere in da world.


I was nodding down, whispering 2 meself, perhaps dis is a God’s sign of anger 4 all da destruction dat human had ever caused. Aren’t these environmental disasters are caused by da hands of human, who refused 2 love da nature n da earth 4 their personal boastfulness n greediness?

{O our Lord, we indeed had created injustices 2 ourselves, and without thy forgiveness, O Lord, we will be in greatest loss} (excerpt from the Holy Qoran)


Nevertheless, da legacy n teachings of noble lifes will never die, although da body will decompose. Their presence will always be remembered though they no longer b wif us. And these will b kept as a treasure deep inside me heart, guiding me through sailing dis cruel, life-less world till da day my time has finally arrived. Hence, I wud like 2 take dis wonderful opportunity 2 thank all of u, 4 da memories we had, while u were still been around me.


Thank you Markus, for letting me 2 believe 4 a brite future 4 our Malaysia. U r one of da least Chinese frens dat I know who has shown a high interest in joining da govt service, which currently dominated by da major race. U made me 2 av faith in our country, while da faith is probably perished in me. A faith 4 a niu generation of Malaysia, not because we r Muslims or not, Malay, Chinese or even Indian, but because we r born n known as a Malaysian.



Markus Ng Chung Yau
(6/5/1985 - 4/2/2009)


Thank you MJ, 4 trying 2 make da world a better place 2 stay – a world of no separation of races and colour, 4 da love to our mother-nature, children and da promising ones. U gave us love, while none was giving it 2 u. U gave us soul while u left in utter misery n loneliness. No matter how bad they have treated u, forgiveness is da reward U’ve given em. They brought u down, but justice will never let it happens. To me, you were innocent, kind-hearted and a gentled man. May you rest in peace, enjoying peace and serendipity when we denied them 2 U.



Michael Joseph Jackson
(29/8/1958-25/6/2009)


Thank you Yasmin for your beautiful play and meaningful teachings. Although we never met, but many had testified your sense of humbleness and caring 2 da nation. Im sure many r slowly embracing ur thoughts, strategising various means n movements 2 materialise ur dream – Malaysia to be a place for everyone. I dun care who r u (or who were u b4) but u r known juz in da way u wanted 2 b known. After all, U r truly a Malaysian.



Yasmin Ahmad
(1/7/1958 - 25/7/2009)


Thank you Steo, 4 ur angelic voice, accompanying my phases of growing up. On top of everything, I admire ur encouragement of being honest (2 ur fan n 2 urself) on ur true feelings. I wish I cud b as brave as u. To have da strength 2 b ourselves regardless of wat ppl thought. I want 2 b brave as u were, 2 enjoy life s u did, 2 to love sum1 as u loved. A Chinese saying goes – Heaven Envies Talent – n I think dats y u’ve been called @ such a young age, living us in absolute shock n surprise. Rest In Peace Steo.



Stephen Patrick David Gately
(17/3/1976 - 10/10/2009)


So, gudbyes my beautiful souls. Im bidding u farewell on ur physical presence but coalescing hard wif ur teachings n legacies. Dere cudnt be another Markus, MJ, Yasmin and Steo but dere will be many who believe in Markus, MJ, Yasmin n Steo. I juz know.

R.I.P lovely ones…



P/S: One of me mates was suggesting dat we shud go 2 as many concerts of our favs as we can, cuz these wont last permanently. Heaven knows. And I seriously think da logic of his assertion.


Goodbye my angels,
ZI

7 comments:

żħї~qїňg said...

yeah i totally agree .. we only start to appreciate things when they're gone..

a month before yasmin ahmad passed, there's this talk by her in my uni.. i wanted to go but somehow i didnt.. at that time i told myself that, "there's always next time... maybe next month or next sem or next year she'll be back to give a talk again, then i'll go"

who knows what lies ahead of us? i woke up one fine morning to get the news that she passed...

and mj... i never know i was listening to some of his songs before he passed... i never knew i was listening to his song as this while.. not at all... only when he died i realised.... and he died a day after my bday... imagine being happy and in celebration mode a day before, and then mourning mode de day after...

well, i guess what we could do now is to appreciate the people who are still around us...

Anonymous said...

Hi Zokh,

Your post reminds me of Marcus. I have only met him a couple of times but I do not know how to explain it. Maybe I feel that it's a such a great loss that he has gone so young because he's such a sincere talented young boy etc.

Neways, enjoy your time in Japan.

David C.

Anonymous said...

Hi Zokh,

Your post reminds me of Marcus. I have only met him a couple of times but I do not know how to explain it. Maybe I feel that it's a such a great loss that he has gone so young because he's such a sincere talented young boy etc.

Neways, enjoy your time in Japan.

David C.

Unknown said...

Thats da way it shud be, zhi qing.

Let dere be no more regrets in our life. Love as much as you could, give as much as you can as we will never know when is ours. I pray dat may all my fav list live long and i'll be able to attend their performance. currently dying to go to bon jovi's haha.

Heard BEP is coming to Malaysia. U going?

Its nice to meet you here zhi. Please stay in touch, will u?

x

Unknown said...

Hi David,

I wonder who were not touched by his compassion and sincerity, after knowing him? In every words he spells, nothing it was about vengeance, hatred, and despise. To me, I've lost such a great listener.

Will do dave. ur hols coming up soon. come and visit me here... =)

RIP Markus,
ZI

żħї~qїňg said...

BEP?? i thought they came a couple of weeks ago... for Aurthor's Day... nah, i didnt go for that one...
next up is Akon and Beyonce...
24th and 25th Oct, dont know which came first... i can just stay back in college or go to my friend's room to watch... FOC hahahah

Unknown said...

Owh my apologies zhi qing. I wasnt really sure bout it since its been a month i left home. darn!!! Im dying to go to Akon's. Why larrr is always like dis? I always miss gud opportunities. and they dun strike twice =(