Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Between Arrogance and Innocence

Mode: Without words (the vid is enclosed in da previous entry)


Many of me mates been asking, wats so special bout being addicted to Korean Dramas? Wat cud b da spell dat has made my evenings turn into sleepless nites n most of my days spent listening 2 their musics? It cudnt b bcuz of d actors/actress looks cuz dere r many more gud looking movie stars, especially from da West. And more obvious, wat’s so extravagant bout da country dat made me being very tight on my budget, juz 2 save 4 my Korean trip next year?


Wat a hefty list of questions... which only lead 2 a simple n single answer.


It’s becuz of my emotional attachments 2 da movies dat have made me fallen helplessly into da country n its ppl. N dat emotional attachment has taught me many things; concerning love (sahrang), friendship (u-chong) and relationship (kwang-ge). If I wud write every single thing dat I encountered from my endless indulgence, it cud b ages (n boring too). So lemme juz pick one of d things dat I’ve discovered between one being arrogant and innocent.


Point of Reference: You’re Beautiful starring Jang Geun Suk and Park Shin Hye


I used 2 believe dat love finds equality in both partners. A charming, loving, n gud looking guy wud end up wif a beautiful, caring n mesmerising gurl. They probably fallen, under da notion of “love @ first sight.” It is so powerful dat able 2 catch da victims of love, without any means of escape. Hence, although with differences like life status n background, they still b in love n b prepared 2 face any changes come wat may. Dis is wat we learnt in World’s love epic Romeo and Juliet, 1001 nights, Cinderella, Snow White up to da recent ‘Titanic’ in 1998. In da end, despite the everyone-know ending “they lived happily ever after”, we develop a thinking – they juz perfectly match 2 b 2gether. He’s handsome n she’s pretty n dats it. Period.


But “You’re Beautiful” demonstrates a different angle on how both can b falling in love. They began with tough relationship, not as da classics have shown. Being the nation’s top vocalist, (I’m not sure whether dis is da case in reality), Hwang Taek Yung is known for his heartless, arrogant and boastful personality. Although later I’ve discovered why he cud turn out like dat, but enw, his snobbish-ness made me think whatever-laa. On the other hand, Go Mi Nam, a transforming nun into being an artist, is adored for her straight-minded, sincere, and most important, her innocence. Come on, she’s so naive and straightforward type of gurl and they met in a performing band named A.N.JELL and dats how everything started.


Many scenes are portraying dat one’s high-esteemed of arrogance cud b mellowed down by da virtues of another being innocent. Because GMN is so sincere and naïve, many of her actions have resulted HTK 2 think back n deeper after been harsh 2 her. He’s been taken back, giving him a moment 2 more understand her personality n gradually believe dat he shudnt b so mean 2 her anymore. His heart is won by a gurl who is not-so-pretty but because of her pure intentions, she manages 2 trip a guy 4 a second 2 think – how extraordinary da gurl cud meant to him.


GMN on da other hand, though had no experience falling in luv (as in da movie), was struck eventually when knowing, despite of da bad treatment given by HTY, da guy still care 4 her. Although, up 2 dis episode, without words, she feels love is coming n senses da feeling spreading through her heart. N becuz of her innocence, da blossoming aura dat snaps her heart is a true feeling, a pure luv dat began 2 set its paths. I guess no matter how strange da personality of a person is, a human can never be naïve when it comes 2 luv. It’s a basic thing dat connects a homosapien 2 another species of its own.


Thus, da overall falling 4 each other process wasn’t happened so classically romantic but full of fun, real and normal. Dat makes da drama stands higher among others, cuz through yelling, screaming and harsh treatments by HTY, luv is flying in da air. Da director has successfully, I think, make da scene more sweet n romantic as it is real, common n not too fantasise like other movies do. An arrogant man’s heart is touched by an innocent naïve gurl, likewise, a straightforward gurl is falling in luv wif a guy who always being rude n disrespectful.


Hence, da formula I’ve gathered: ARROGANCE + IGNORANCE = PERFECT MATCH *wink*

Seems illogical @ 1st, but very remarkably sweet if u can think of it (as shown in da drama)


I also admire Shin Woo. Although how much he hearts GMN, he decided not 2 let it bursts, fearing of worsening da situation. And I pity him, 4 loosing so many opportunities 2 express his luv, bcuz of his respectful opinion 2 HTK and GMN. I cud feel how tormenting he is, suffering from sealing everything (his feelings, his tears and sadness) tightly 2 himself. Juz 4 his own endurance!!! I know da most painful da heart cud suffer is, 4 not revealing 2 sum1 how much u care/luv him/her n how much important s/he is 2 u. Worst, when u sat beside da person, knowing dat s/he is leaving u n never cud b urs. Arghhhh… how pitiful n I hate dis kinds of situations. Nevertheless, SW has all of my admiration, for his long suffocation n high patience since he cud never b da one 4 GMN.


Isn’t it love is not 2 possess but 2 let sumone dat u luv lives happily (even though not being wif u?)


I’ve learnt dat, all I need 2 do is pursuing life juz in da way I am. No need 2 b sum1 which isn’t u, although u mite think ppl mite dislike ur appearance n personality juz being urself. If u changed, dat person mite not fall 4 u truly, but for another person u r trying 2 b. In da end, it is not u dat s/he loves, but da character dat u imitate falsely. And even s/he doesn’t like u (worst case scenario), 4 being who u r, u juz av 2 accept it n move on. Dere is still sum1 out dere who is endlessly waiting 4 ur luv, n adore u 4 being who u r simply. N dat person will stay by ur side everlastingly bcuz by juz being u, his/her life is so meaningful and perfect. Most important, u will not deceive him/her, wat more 2 urself. As GMN is facing through, da luv will still find her although how not-appealing she is in da eyes of an ordinary man. Love Will Show You Everything (^_^)


Occay then, I better pen-off n limit my praise 2 dis film. It’s still @ preliminary screening, thus, I cudnt make my generalisation 2 its entirety. Dere cud b series of unfortunate turn ups dat made my heart crashes (especially with da existence of the 3Bs in the drama) as other Korean films do. But so far, I think, it has been doing fine n I’m helplessly surrendering my devotion 2 dis drama. It’s a pain 2 wait 4 next episode b screened since its currently showing in Korea twice a week. Penantian Itu Satu Penyiksaan, rite? But if its 4 a gud cause n ending, such suffering is worth 2 b felt.


To those who wish 2 join me in my new addiction, u r always welcome. Dis is da best rendition I can find in da internet 2 closely follow da movie - http://www.youtube.com/user/Pyrite5ive

Credit to Pyrite5ive 4 his/her hard time in subbing da movie, 4 others 2 better view. For all ur effort and hardwork, I truly thank you. Komawa samida.



So in da end,



POLL: Do you think I can be a gud movie reviewer in d future? I mite seriously consider if da outcome seems 2 b +’ve. (^_^)



Sahrang, U-Chong and Kwang-Ge,


ZI

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

along...
hehe... nak jadi muvie reviewer ker??? excellent jugak aaa review yg org baca ni :D

some people ask me too.. why am I so liking korea? the answer is coz their culture n language are unique. and plus their entertainment industry is superb compare to the West.

eventhough I've been reminded that once I've been there I'll be shocked that actually it will not as same as what they shown on tv.. I'll prepare for it. and by the way.. here in KK I pun suda ada kawan dr korea. hehe... :)

ape lagi.. ayyo.. it is very derita to wait 4 da episode.. I understand tu... :D

okay.. chow dulu~

oppa.. sarang hae~ ^^~

Zokhri Idris said...

Angah,

hehe thanks..

Only we both know how addicted we are, the suffering tears and everything we encountered. And Im glad not many share the same view. At least there are things we can talk about together.

Onni, Sarang hae x

Anonymous said...

What i do not understood is in truth how you're not really a lot more well-appreciated than you might be now. You are very intelligent. You understand thus significantly with regards to this matter, made me for my part imagine it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men are not involved until it is something to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. Always maintain it up!

my web-site :: weight loss exercises