Search This Blog

Sunday, February 03, 2008

A Letter 2 My Studs

My dearest L2, L3 and P3,

I know dis wud be already outdated, really late in fact, but isn’t it dat its never too late for a wish? First and foremost, allow me, again, to welcome you to Taylor’s Legal Studies. U had made, I believe, a gud decision, embarking your future career’s path and in choosing a course in uni. (macam provost punyer speech laaa plak) lol


I wud not refute shud one claim da difficulty of da course. Blatantly true, its quite tough 4 first timers. And honestly, I am not an exception. A British-educated-law-graduate even, would still find it hard cuz Legal Studies offers a different spectrum for one to digest. But believe you me, with God’s help and His Mercy together with our self-determination we are able to make dis thru.


Our constitutional rule of law is simple – ‘love and respect’ yet meaningful to da minds and hearts. In fact, everyone breathing on dis mortal earth needs to be respected and to be loved. And so does our class. Lets create an enjoyable learning, full of fun and laughs. Let dere be no prejudice, hatredness and double-standard amongst us. Above all, we are just human in the eyes of God. We made mistakes and flaws but sumhow we learn sumting from them in da end. We are all an adult, wished to be treated as one.


Learning dat we are now approaching da fourth week of learning and teaching, undeniably, da stress has start kicking off. In fact, it has mounting up high to sum of you, leading to a feeling of ungrateful for enduring the course. And dat feeling is – regret. But guys, life offers no regret. Even how bad we’ve screwed up or how wrong da decision we took, we vow not to surrender till the day we leave dis world. There always be a wisdom behind everything dat human must embrace. Behind all mistakes and wrongs, dere lies God’s grace for us to grab.


Lets create our 11-month-stay in taylor’s a truly remarkable moment. So dat when we end up our life with success and glory, we will bump to each other and greet, ‘hey we are from taylors.’ Even to da furthest destination the destiny has brought us apart, da presence will always be felt in the hearts. But guys, I cant do it alone, by myself.


I need you. U might not think dat, despite having an awful day in college –teaching, marking, and meeting, (bla bla bla and da list goes on) u always be da reason why im still surviving in taylors. Ur happiness and warmth smile be da inner strength dat drives my passion to keep on doing what I am supposed to do. Without ur support and guidance, I am nobody. =(


So please dun leave me alone. I need u guys to help me to assist you. Did not we promise to each other to help ourselves n da rest in da name of success? Cuz we are like one big happy family – sharing and putting concerns more than we do to ourselves. And sumone has reminded me that – success isn’t about studying its about bonding. How true. So lets make dis happen 2gether, shall we?


Hence team,


Its not only a burdensome to you, its killing me as well. Slowly and silently. But so long we got each other standing at our sides, bring any storm or wind, we stand together still, holding our hands, firming our hearts and FIGHT. We can do this together guys, trust me. All we need is a teamwork and mutual understanding. Da rest is up to Him.


Last but not least, albeit to sum up – as I always say to myself , “ da only reason why we still keep on living is becuz we are still fighting” and we will keep on fighting till the day we finally close our eyes … for an everlasting happiness in the hereafter.



Lets Make Dis Happen, Guys




Your Zokhri Idris
XXX

No comments: