Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Notion of Jealousy


I unders10 wat it takes 2 b jealous. When sum1 has sumting dat u r craving 4, jealousy will grow in u. Dats natural 4 every homosapien. Erkk ... I'm not sure whether animals av da same cuz I probably havent encounter any theory proving dat. Maybe yes cuz jealousy derives from da heart (a form of feeling) n not from da brain. And I been taught dat da only line between a human and non-human is dat humans av mind 2 think n non-humans dun. So, probably animals cud also (very low assumption) cud feel jealous. Maybe no becuz animals av a less interaction between themselves as humans do. Or less-complicated than wat we usually interact. Its either u r my enemy or our side dat kinda thing.


But human jealousy takes place in different forms, depending on circumstances. We say it cud b 4 da +'ve side and -'ve side. Whether its 4 a gud cause or supposed 4 da bad cause, @ times its intertwined wif da 2 dat makes me hard 2 unders10 da rite of a person 2 b jealous.


Recently, I happened 2 b involved in Facebook-status-war with an old fren. Well, he doesnt consider me as a fren, frankly speaking. D thing is, I only dropped few lines 2 his bf ( I assume so, cuz sumtimes their ups n downs r pretty difficult 2 b figured...told ya forbidden love is hardly @ peace) of concerns since its been a while we last talked. How long "a while" means, I dun dare 2 comment. N suddenly dis envious fren, launched his missiles 2 me out of my gud faith. OK I admit, da three of us involved in a not-so-real triangle relationship (cuz dere was never a time I felt love 2 any2 of em) n I sorted it out totally n moved on pursuing my happiness life meeting more ppl from other side of d globe. But I guess, dis isnt da case 4 him. Whether he is still b traumatised, haunted, hard 2 move on I dunno? Its like helloooowwww wats ur prob, pal?


So I played "scrabble", putting jealousy in da middle, n try 2 find a reason 2 feel dat based on da characters of J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y. N dis is wat I got:


L - Love
Simple answer. I guess every1 knows. U'll envy when sum2 dat u luv is being wif sum1 n not U. As much as you want him/her 2 b wif U, dat much of jealousy dat u develop knowing him/her r with sum1. Da more dat u crave 4 his/her love, caring, smile n remembrance, da higher da jealousy metre rises.


E - insEcured
Relating 2 d 1st one, fearing u mite lose love, U'll feel insecured every single moment he's not being wif u, n it drives u nuts n worried. U wonder, has his/her feelings diminished 4 u bcuz s/he wif sum1 or calculating da possibilities dat u no longer significant in his/her life. In dat case, u r probably rite 2 b jealous.


S - low Self esteem
Insecurity caused likely by low-self esteem. Comparing urself n ur competitor, u mite think dat U r lacking of sumting dat da other side is gud @. Of course nobody is perfect. Wat u av mite not av in others n vice-versa. But bcuz love intervenes, dat makes u afraid of losing love n da loved ones while inferiority complex starts 2 put its devil hats...n seeing ur love is wif sum2 dat u think is much better than thou, u feel envy and makes u uneasy.


U - no trUst
Also, without wind n storms, everything meant 2 b a disaster. n dat i mean becuz u lack of/dun have trust in ur relationship. Ever heard Savage Garden's Affirmation dat "I believe trust is more important than monogamy"? It all balls down 2 faith n trust u put in da other half in ur relationship. Furthermore, dis is da core foundation in any relationship. Unless trust is not securely built from da start, ur relationship will never ending encounter conflicts n complications. Series of dramas mite only be justifications 4 ur jealousy, but it seems ur relationship is not stable n probably "right" from d very beginning. N I know dis 4 sure.


A - finding fAult
Ermm I guess dis is surprising niu. U feel jealous bcuz it never meant 2 b luv, but merely highlighting da mistakes of sum1 u 'allegedly' in love with. U want 2 make him/her realise dat s/he is not trustworthy n holds d blame w everything. U intend 2 prove ur so-called unquestionable sincerity n make him/her suffer. Clearly I dun want 2 pin-point anybody, but I guess one cud probably know him/herself better. Da one @ a disadvantageous side is da innocent party, who profusely been blamed 4 his misconducts-in-love under the name of ill-faith jealousy. N I feel sorry 2 those who belong 2 dis category, 4 frequently been blamed without a strong ground of justification. Worst, s/he has no 'alibi' 2 defend da accusation.


So dere u go. I juz got 5 causes of jealousy from 5 characters of L-E-S-U-A. Mind helping me into looking da remaining alphabets please? Calling for relationship experts 4 contribution.


Again,
I BELIEVE TRUST IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN MONOGAMY

2 comments:

ARADIA said...

Hey WanZokh, I came across ur blog from ur FB page. Suke bace kisah u jalan2 merata. So I link ur blog to mine eh if u don't mind :D

Zokhri Idris said...

Dear Aradia,

Thanks for liking Aliza. Alaa rezeki u pun ape kurangnya now dah ke oxford pun. Please do. I ammore than happy to be linked to urs.

Cheers