Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"F" is For Forgiveness




Da word for today is forgiveness. So kids, lets learn.



‘bear wif each other and forgive whatever grievances ye may have against 1 another. Forgive as the lord forgave ye' :Colossians 3:13





N I think dats rite. Colossians tells us dat by forgiving others, it will open da doors of mercy from Lord. N wat else cud a mortal human hope for but mercy and blessings from da Lord Almighty. I had a long ym-discourse wif my Christian fren about forgiveness. It was an eye-opening I wud say. Makes me think n wonder – how life cud be lovely if the humans r forgiving each other (but still we seek justice above all matters)


I think forgiveness is a virtue enjoyed by both da forgiver and da forgiven ones. Even da forgiver will find himself relief and serendipity shud he forgives his fellow brothers. A bollywood movie (which I failed to recall da title, but im 50% sure its Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum) has taught me me dat forgiveness is not for da forgiven but for the forgiver. Forgiveness is not sumting we do for other ppl. We do it for ourselves to get well and move on.


How true

Forgiving doesn’t make u scorn. It doesn’t degrade one’s self esteem too either. Its in fact makes u more noble n pious in da eyes of God.

Excerpts:

Me: How do we forgive when we don't feel like it? I can even feel da pain from wat dat person has done to me.

Me fren: We da Christians, forgive by faith, out of obedience. Since forgiveness goes against our nature, we must forgive by faith, whether we feel like it or not. We must trust God to do the work in us that needs to be done so that the forgiveness will be complete.

Me fren: I believe God honors our commitment to obey Him and our desire to please him when we choose to forgive. He completes the work in his time. We must continue to forgive (our job), by faith, until the work of forgiveness (the Lord's job), is done in our hearts.

Me: wow

Me: Is it okay to feel anger and want justice for the person we need to forgive?

Me fren: This question presents another reason to pray for the person we need to forgive. We can pray for God to deal with the injustices, for God to judge the person's life, and then we can leave that prayer at the altar. We no longer have to carry the anger. Although it is normal for us to feel anger toward sin and injustice, it is not our job to judge the other person in their sin.

Me fren: Luke 6:37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

So dats da gist of our discussion.

I then googled ‘forgiveness in islam’ which produces a massive list to read on. But da one I read on is by Shahid Athar’s. He reminds us on da attribute of Allah including da names of Ar-Rahman (the beneficient), Ar-Rahim (the merciful) n Al-Ghafur (the forgiving). He states dat by ‘giving up hope of the mercy of allah is a crime in itself.

Say: 'O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of God: for God forgives all sins (except shirk): for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.' Az-Zumar ie 'the groups' (39:53)


So I wonder, if God can be so forgiving why us da mortals cant? Are we in da state more hollier than Him dat makes us refuse to grant forgiveness? Waliyazubillah (I protect under god’s name)


Wat if im hurt terribly? Even I feel, I dun deserve to receive dat kind of ill-treatment?



The Holy Prophet (pbuh) used to say:

A certain person had committed 99 murders. He went to a scholar and asked, is there any chance of my being forgiven? The scholar said no, you have committed too many crimes. The man killed the scholar too, but his heart was restless, so he went to another scholar and asked the same question. He was told yes, but you must leave this town of bad people and go live in the next town in the company of good people. So the man set out to the town he was told to go to. On the way he died. A man passing by saw two angels arguing over his dead body. The Angel from Hell said, 'His body belongs to me as he had not done any good in his life.' The Angel from Heaven said, 'His body belongs to me as he had repented and was set out to be with good people.' The man who was the passer-by said, 'Let us measure the distance of his body from the town he left and the town he was going to.' This was done. He was found to be nearer to the town he was going to. In another version, the earth was ordered by Allah to shrink and make the distance smaller, so that he was admitted to Heaven


I rest assured, taking a long breath, n think.


Those two comparisons tell me on how noble u r to be a forgiver. U dun loose a thing but u gain everything.


After all, I cud accept dat, we da humans aren’t perfect. We frequently hurt and get hurt by others. Its da wheel concept i.e u’ll never stay at da same place forever. So why worry?














WE ARE JUST HUMAN ...


N human makes mistakes (al insan la yahnil hata’i wal nisyan)



p/s to sumbody dat has hurt me so much, I FORGIVE U


even da wound still bleeding dribbly inside, I FORGIVE U







even I ve been left alone mercilessly, I FORGIVE U


even u hate and disgust me tremendously, I FORGIVE U


even u treated me falsely, I FORGIVE U




Zokhri Idris is just an ordinary lame man but believes, "dere’s nothing I can give but a lot to FORGIVE".



Lastly,


I FORGIVE U



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zokhri,

I know life is hard on u at da mo. things just got wrong in anything u do plus da ppl doesnt really helping. but u always got me shud u need sumbody to share. even im far away but our hearts never apart.

I forgive you, for da past, da present and for our future relationship.

be happy my dear

wassalam

Anonymous said...

Zack@Zokhri@WanZhu

I forgive u too life is so beautiful when ppl forgiving each other.

miss anonymous

fatin_91 said...

Assalammualaikum Abg WanZu,maybe u dont know who am i, but to let u remember,i'm one of the student that have joinned the kalsom project. my name is fatin..saya pernah cakap yang "abg WanZu ni memang best sangat" then abg wanzu cakap,semoga saya akan jumpa orang yang lebih baik lagi. Now i just want to say yang "BUNGA BUKAN SEKUNTUM" even though susah nak cari bunga yang mekar mewangi taman hati kita,namun macam yang abg wanzu cakap,"masih ada lagi orang yang menyayangi kita di luar sana n i'm is the one of them!!

Zokhri Idris said...

fatin_91,

of course i do remember u. moreover u r one of my frequent blog visitors.how cud i forget u. i remember all da things ive sed to u and wat u sed to me.
thanks fatin,
walaupun fatin jauh lebih muda dari saya, tapi fatin sgt2 memahami. and i love u too fatin.u always have a place to stay in my heart n mind forever

kumbang bukan seekor kan? hehe
xxx

Anonymous said...

my dear fren...

"forgive" is a love

because of the love..we forgive..
even though we won't forget...

nothing is everlasting except a relationship....
pure & honest..

sherip

Anonymous said...

wann..

but still...we need time & space to forgive & learn from ppl's & our own mistake...

be patient..
we'll be machured enough to face it

***sherip***